Monday, April 2, 2007

Tying a string (of words) around my finger

Well, here goes the Adam to all the rest of my posts to come. And it will do exactly what my title says, that is, to remind me in the future why I picked up blogging.

Up till only a few months ago, the idea of blogging has never appealed to me as a way of journal keeping. Reason being, when the blogging boom took off, majority of the blogs I had visited out of curiosity were mainly tepid, uninspiring entries about daily mundane routines. There were almost nothing interesting at all, and whats the point of archiving something nobody wants to read. (I don't think anybody wants to, during a boring day at work, read an entry they posted half a year back, about a boring day at work. Unless there's something comforting about how invariably unremarkable your life is.) It had never occurred to me back then, how much potential the humble blog has. Simply put, I had taken a look, seen nothing exceptional, and have since thrown the idea of blogging out of the window. But of course, that wasn't the only reason. I am also a bit of a technophobe, so the thought of fiddling with all those codes and stuff scared me haha...

However, a few months back, i got back in touch with a group of close friends (you know haha) after a hiatus of a few years, and the easiest way to catch up on what they have been doing all this while, was naturally to go snooping in their blogs. That was then, i realised, that other than the narcissistic and obsessive use of a blog as if it was little more than a mirror of their lives that some people has been using it for, the blog is quite indispensable as a tool to keep precious memories. The human mind has its failings and limitations when it comes to storage capacity, so what's better than a journal of invaluable memories you can revisit again and again, without the fear of having to grapple with brain fade? (I'm really quite forgetful) Besides, I have been out of school for too long, starting to write again will do me some good.

And so, here we are, Numero Uno. Hopefully the times to come will constantly be interesting enough to make me want to write about it, else i might degenerate into one of the "Same Shit Different Day" people. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

ReelUv said...

GAMBATTE CYO!! aiyah..we wana read about stuffs, mumdane stuffs are fun to read too!! Welcome abroad :)

wk said...

Haha thanks! Hmm gotta add a tagboard soon :)