Sunday, May 13, 2007

We should do more of this

I haven’t had so much fun over the weekends in a long time now. Everybody’s finally got the time to play after a grueling month of exams and its preparations.

Saturday – Jolyn and I stayed indoors to watch videos with her brother and his girlfriend. We watched Nacho Libre and Take The Lead, a couple of easy movies for us to relax to. After that, we had dinner and coffee at Holland V, and a long bus ride back to her place. Simple things to do on a weekend, but every bit enjoyable with her by my side. Up till now, we haven't really got to spend a lot of time together, with just the other half for company. The two of us seldom have the opportunity for any other things, and on most of the days, it's only
a few lamentable hours for dinner after my work. That's why nowadays i really look forward to the next lazy afternoon for us to gain a couple more pounds from DVDs and non-stop snacking :)

Introducing her family: Jolyn's cute niece in my lap, Lim Ah Bu and her lovoly daughter, De Wei and his girlfriend.

Taken later that night at Holland V. Can you sense the glee on her face looking at the food? Fortunately for me, she loves to eat as much as I do haha.

We found out later that day Brandon and Rachel had a near identical itinerary like ours (only Brandon stayed the night hehehe). Whenever Brandon and I catch up and share our relationship experiences, there will be a myriad of uncanny similarities that make us almost carbon copies couples, and it never fails to amaze me.

Sunday – We finally got down to jamming. Xian’s new guitar is incredible, KH has been practising metal screaming, Jerry is upset that the drums sound crap, and I couldn't stop grinning now that we can play again. But this session not happening also, we just played some familiar numbers to warm up after the long break. When we sound better, I will post some of our videos here. Oh, and we even got BC who dropped by to catch up with us. And he’s still the same old BC, just that the fishes he catches now are bigger and he’s got a new girlfriend haha.


Sometimes there's really no need to try too hard. I think it's little things like these we usually overlook to appreciate. Don't regret only when you are too bogged down by other commitments in life for even the simple time your family and friends deserve. Haha I know it's unbelievable this is coming from me, but I think being with Jolyn has taught me a few important things in life. Ok, till then!

No comments: