Tuesday, May 8, 2007

You are my bridge over troubled waters

The ex-girlfriend nightmare. The messages telling me how she can’t move on, and the phone calls in which dissension lurks, they don’t stop coming. Calling my office number when she couldn’t reach me on my house phone or my hand phone. Staking out at my void deck till 1AM and then carrying the wait to my house, just so I can’t avoid her any further. I have never lived in so much terror and trepidation before, and sometimes the stress builds up to be almost unbearable. Her behavior has eroded what little remaining good memories of us that I had, and now I feel only apprehension when I see her number appear on my phone. I wanted to cut off all contact with her, and run away into the comforting embrace of the one I truly love.

You were by my side all this time, and did more than what was needed of you. I was truly touched by your actions yesterday, and at the same time, guilt hanged over me like a massive dark cloud. I don’t think another woman could have handled this situation with the kind of grace and maturity as you did. What happened at the airport and thereafter need not be recounted here, too lengthy and not worth the breath. Instead I want to thank you for everything you did darling. The endless tolerance you showed me at the airport. Bringing me to the park so that the serene tranquility of the night sky will ease the troubles on my mind and clear the mess in my heart. Forgiving my actions over a long serious talk while we were there. Driving me all the way back to my house just so we can have that little bit more time together. Even waiting up with me through the night, for her to leave my house, which proved futile, but I appreciate your reassuring company nonetheless. What would have happened to me if I didn’t have you by my side?

Now that the nightmare is finally over, I’m just glad that things didn’t turn out to be too fucked up. I don’t care what she tells the world about us, or what her friends think. I can’t even be bothered with what she does from now onwards, just as long as she leaves us alone. All that matters to me now is that I have you, and having you walk through this difficult period together with me, I want only happy times ahead for the two of us. Because I know I will never find another like you, given the way that you treat me and love me. Thank you Jolyn, I love you.

No comments: