Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Money no enough (as usual)

This is perhaps the best time for a windfall of fortune to befall me.

Nope, I don’t covet a million bucks, a flashy car, or even designer threads. I’m only asking for a few simple things, which practical worth actually matches their price tags.

1. A Fender 4 string beauty which I have been eyeing for a long time now. Because it pays off to invest in quality equipment early on.

2. A pair of Ray-Bans when I’m fishing, to ward off the blinding glare of the relentless afternoon sun. I’m not going to settle for a shoddy imitation, and risk contracting eye cataracts at forty.

3. Even my phone has turned rebelliously unreliable, and I’m already looking to replace the mutinous bastard. Arrr!

There’s no way in hell my measly allowance is going to allow me that kind of expenditure. Besides, I’m not going to fritter away a couple thousands from my savings, because I’ve promised Jolyn we’ll see Hong Kong at the end of this year. :)

And so, in a typical display of the true Singaporean spirit of optimistic doggedness, I had tacked my Toto ticket for Thursday onto my work desk CPU, and written in black bold ink to better catch Cai Shen Ye’s attention (I hope he reads blogs), are the words:

No comments: